Cummins Inc. Lead Test Engineer in Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Lead Test Engineer
Lead Test Engineer
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforceand create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also smallenough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable,innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse,inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our ComponentsBusiness Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our globalpartners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutionsthat will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own yourcareer. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individualswith a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire - for a Lead Test Engineer.
Cummins Turbo Technologies UK, is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as defining and developing new and unique testing methods for cutting edge technology projects.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways:
- _ Working as a team member of the Test Engineeringgroup, to ensure and define the acceptance criteria for new testing conditionsand applications for our Worldwide testing Labs.
- _ Leading projects and executing work in support ofthe Test Engineering strategy to improve the capability of the global testfacilities including test equipment, data quality and test productivity.
- _ Developing global standards for test procedures /work instructions to provide reliable, consistent data and continually improvetest methods with new procedures and equipment.
- _ Assisting the Worldwide Labs, ensuringeffectiveness of tests by monitoring test methods for adherence to good testingprinciples.
- _ Assisting the UK as well as the different WorldWide Labs with day to day problem solving.
- _ Supporting product development teams withspecialist knowledge in test methodologies and the review/execution of testplans.
- _ Development of prototype test equipment.
- _ Research new technologies surrounding testingequipment and instrumentation.
* _ Ensure safe working practices are in operation.
Skills and Experience Required
Some post graduate work experience within a similar environment would be a distinct advantage. Specifically this would entail having experience or a clear professional interest in test cells or facilities (eg Some exposure to working with test equipment/cells or with an OEM or supplier).
Applicants should ideally display experience or knowledge of the following:
Ø Proficient with Metrology concepts of measurement error, statistical analysis, and control.
Ø Data quality and data validation.
Ø Knowledge of transducers, sensors and of validation within an R&D Test facility
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Relevant Engineering or Scientific Degree
Compensation and Benefits
£39,308 – £44,739 (Negotiable and dependent upon experience)
Private Medical Assistance
Variable Compensation (annual bonus)
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we arecommitted to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally.No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatmentbecause of any protected characteristic.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-West Yorkshire-UK, Huddersfield, CTT St Andrew's Road
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting May 5, 2017, 9:54:42 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 170001ZZ