Cummins Inc. Supply Chain Communications Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
Supply Chain Communications Manager
Supply Chain Communications Manager
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana for a Supply Chain Communications Manager. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- _ Plans and produces communications and related materials to meet Cummins strategies and objectives.
- _ Manages internal and external communications including press releases, video, newsletters, and corporate presentations.
- _ Develops short- and long-term communication objectives.
- _ Oversees communication activities including technical and/or promotional material writing, brochures, newsletters, etc.
- _ Interacts with business partners to develop and implement integrated communication plans.
- _ Consults with business leadership to establish brand communication strategies and ensure communication, planning, and monitoring is effectively meeting the needs of customers.
- _ Manages brand communication research and supports the implementation of the Cummins brand strategy and guidelines.
- _ Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives.
- _ Develops and manages budget, financial controls, and risk ensuring operations are executed efficiently and within established budgets.
- _ Establish, monitor and report key performance metrics.
- _ Manages, coaches, and develops staff; works with employees to set goals in training and development, performance, and career planning.
Skills and Experience Required:
Responsible for developing and executing communications plans for multiple customers, including Manufacturing, Health & Safety, and Procurement. This role will work with Cummins leaders to consult on key messages, deliver a communication plan that meets the business objectives, and measure success and outcomes. This role will be a key member of the Internal Communications team.
Develop and execute short and long term communication strategies and objectives for the Manufacturing, Health & Safety and Procurement leadership teams.
Support the Manufacturing, Health & Safety and Procurement teams on strategic communications to internal and external stakeholders.
Lead global shop floor communications initiative work, with global and cross-functional deployment of training and tools for managers of non-wired employees.
Coordinate and collaborate with Corporate Communications colleagues across business segments and functions to ensure consistent, business-critical communications.
Serve as team member for communications related to growth initiatives
Develop communication strategies to meet the needs of customer, including strategic communication plans and collateral tactical material.
Strong writing and editing skills in a variety of formats, including printed material, web, digital displays and others as required.
Knowledge of communication tools, including web, blogs, social media, town halls, webcasts, video.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Indiana-Indianapolis-US, IN, Indianapolis, Cummins DBU Headquarters
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Jul 5, 2017, 9:51:16 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 17000359