Cummins Inc. Technician In-Shop in Kamloops, British Columbia
Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com.At Cummins Sales & Service, we are an equal opportunity employerdedicated to diversity in the workplace.
If you are driven and motivated to become part of adynamic team, ourKamloopsBranch has an opening for a Technician In Shop. Reporting tothe Service Manager, you will be responsible forproviding shop service support forautomotive products and for performing repairs to on highway vehicles, buses,RVs and RV generators for all Cummins customers in the Kamloops Branch coveragearea.
Additional responsibilities are described below.
- Troubleshootingand repair of all Cummins engines in automotive applications and repairing RVand commercial mobile generators
- Utilize computers/software in the process ofdiagnostic work toprovideaccurate repair quotes to customers
- Providetechnical expertise to service and repair Cummins engines and Cummins Onan RVgenerators.
- Providingexcellent customer service to all Cummins customers
- Performrepairs in a timely manner to reduce downtime on customers trucks
- Providedocumentation ofwork performed withaccurate, timely and consistent data on work orders
- Adhereto all safety rules and procedures
- Takepart in training events as required.
- Otherduties, as assigned
- Commitment to promotingand supporting a safe workplace
- Musthold a valid Diesel Engine Certification or a Journeyman certification in HeavyDuty or Commercial Truck and Transport
- Musthave a valid certification ticket for servicing Automotive Air Conditioning
- Musthave previous experience with diesel engines, including Cummins ISX, Midrangeautomotive engine and LNG/CNG engine platforms
- Goodorganizational and communication skills
- Flexibilitywith respect to shift work, traveling to Kamloops bus barn and overtime
- Musthave a valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
- Musthave the ability to work unsupervised, have a positive attitude and be able tocommunicate effectively with coworkersand CWC management
This position will work 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.,Monday through Friday. Please note that any future shift changes that may occurare made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the standing CollectiveAgreement.
Cummins Sales &Service - Western Canada offers competitive wages, a bonus program, benefitspackage, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development andcareer advancement.
If you’re ready toturbocharge your career, submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” above!
Internal Close Date:May 15, 2017
Internal Candidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as aninternal candidate on the application questionnaire.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration willbe contacted