Cummins Inc. Service Engineer in Shoreview, Minnesota
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Power Systems Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Shoreview, Minnesota for a Service Engineer.
Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading engineering projects such as New Product Development, Value Package Introduction and Systems
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- _ Acts as technical liaison between the Cummins field service organization and the Engineering, Quality, & Manufacturing organizations to proactively identify, define, and prioritize less complex product issues and to implement long term solutions.
- _ Identify less complex service issues, initiate problem solving, document cost and customer impact information to establish priority for corrective action.
- _ Manages with support failure analyses with Field Service, Warranty, and Engineering to communicate and define issues.
- _ Partners with distributors, dealers and customers to support the investigation of less complex escalated product issues, discuss solutions, and conduct training because of complexity, longevity and criticality.
- _ Participates during reviews to ensure the serviceability of new components and products including the monitoring of new product performance.
- _ Creates with support initial publication and subsequent revision of service literature.
- _ Facilitates new information regarding technical fixes and service procedures is communicated to the service organization.
Skills and Experience Required:
7 Step Product Problem Solving Process - Understands the process steps, the expectations for each step, and is able to use the 7-step process to solve a problem. Incorporates Fault Tree Analysis into the process. Has used on-the-job application of the 7-Step Product Problem Solving Process to specific problems.
Communication - Written And Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
Field Investigation - Awareness of the basic processes and needs for a field investigation.
Hazard Analysis - Knowledge of hazard analysis and its relevance. Knows when hazard analysis should be applied and uses appropriately as part of work. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures. Leads Hazardous Analysis reviews.
Rapid Problem Solving - Demonstrated use of the Rapid Problem solving process and databases. Demonstrated use of the 7-Step Problem Solving and Six Sigma methods to identify and define product issues, develop and implement fixes, and implement controls to ensure the issue will not be repeated. Data based decision making
Familiarity with both electrical and mechanical systems to support
Project Management Skills: Balance multiple projects
Proven ability to influence cross-functionally team members and advocate for customer needs
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Engineering required
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Shoreview, CPG Headquarters Victoria St
Job Type Experienced - Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type Professional - Experienced
Job Posting Jul 6, 2017, 1:45:26 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 1700031N