Cummins Inc. AP Clerk in Surrey, British Columbia
Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com.At Cummins Sales & Service, we are an equal opportunity employerdedicated to diversity in the workplace.
Ifyou are driven and motivated to become part of a dynamic team ourSurreyBranch has an opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk based in Langley,BC.Reporting to the CorporateController, you will be responsible for performing day to day processing ofaccounts payable transactions for distributor and vendor accounts.
Additionalresponsibilities are described below:
- Receive and verify invoices for therequisition of goods and services
- Verify transactions comply withcompany policies and procedures
- Prepare invoices for data-entry and newvendor set-ups
- Resolution of invoice discrepancies
- Correspond with vendors and responseto inquiries in a timely manner
- Accounts Payable reports as requiredby management
Coordination among key staff toexpedite critical payments Position Requirements:
Certification or Diploma ispreferred. Candidates with equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience with complex and highvolume AP
- High level of accuracy
- Sharp analytical and problem solvingskills
- Effective communication skills,written and oral
- General understanding of accountingprinciples and practices
- Discretion and trustworthiness dueto handling of confidential information and material
- Proficiency in data entry
- Team Building Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Effective organisational Skills
- Critical thinking
- Self-motivated, focused individualwith the ability to learn quickly and with minimal supervision in a fast pacedenvironment
- Ability to identify and recommendprocess improvement solutions
This position will work Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30 pm.Please note that anyfuture shift changes that may occur are made in accordance with the terms andconditions of employment.
CumminsSales & Service - Western Canada offers competitive wages, a bonus program,benefits package, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities fordevelopment and career advancement.
If you’re ready to turbocharge your career, submit your resume byclicking “Apply Now” above!
Internal Close Date: May 15, 2017
Internal Candidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as aninternal candidate on the application questionnaire.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration willbe contacted