Cummins Inc. Apprentice Tech PG in Surrey, British Columbia
Cummins Sales and Service - Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visit www.salesandservice.cummins.com.
OurSurreyBranch location has an opening for PG Apprentice Technician – 1stYear.Reporting to the Power GenerationSupervisor, the position will be primarily responsible for:
- Performing preventative maintenance on Gensetsto include monthly, semi-annual, and annual services in accordance with CSAstandards
- Assist with generator diagnostics and repairs
- Complete fuel polishing services
- Assist with load bank cable set-up and teardown
- Disassemble and assemble engines and enginecomponents
- Successful completion of ELTT program and mustbe a 1stYear Apprentice working towards a Red Seal Certification inDiesel Engine
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to follow directions and work closelywith others
- Quick and continuous learner
- Capable of following instructions
- Ability to work safely and logically withminimal supervision
- Flexibility with respect to shift work andovertime
- Other duties, as assigned.This position will work Monday– Friday on schedule provided by supervisor.Please note that any future shift changes that may occur are made inaccordance with the terms and conditions of employment or as per union contract.
Cummins Sales andService - Western Canada offers competitive wages, a bonus program, benefitspackage, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development andcareer advancement . If you’re ready toturbocharge your career, submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” above!
Internal Close Date: November 19, 2016
Internal Candidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as aninternal candidate on the application questionnaire
Wethank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted.