Cummins Inc. Service Writer in Surrey, British Columbia
Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com.At Cummins Sales & Service, we are an equal opportunity employerdedicated to diversity in the workplace.
OurSurreyBranch has an opening for a Service Writer for a contract term for approximately six months .Reporting to the Service Supervisor, you willbe responsible for service advising duties such as scheduling customer repairsand creating repair plans.Additionalresponsibilities are described below.
* Responsibilities: *
- Preparingwork orders, customer estimates, invoices and reports as required
- Schedulingcustomer repairs and preventative maintenance
- Communicatingwith customers on all aspects of repairs
- Creating,entering and closing warranty claims
- Creatinginvoices and reports
* Position Requirements: *
- Previousservice writer experience in an automotive or heavy duty industry is an asset
- Partsoriented or a mechanical knowledge will be an asset
- Computerskills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, BMS)
- Excellentcommunication and organizational skills
- Mustbe able to work under pressure
- Excellentphone manner and ability to deal with customers directly
- Mustbe able to multi-task and work as a member of the team
- Mustdisplay sound judgment and maturity
- Mustbe able to learn quickly and solve problems
- Flexiblewith respect to working hours
- Otherduties, as assigned
Bilingualin English & Punjabi is considered an asset
This position will work eithera dayshift or an afternoon shift. Please note that any future shift changesthat may occur are made in accordance with the terms and conditions ofemployment.
Cummins Sales &Service - Western Canada offers competitive wages, a bonus program, benefitspackage, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development andcareer advancement. * If you’re ready to turbocharge your career, submit your resume byclicking “Apply Now”! *
Internal Close Date: May 20, 2017
_ Internal Candidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as aninternal candidate on the application questionnaire _
Wethank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted.