Cummins Inc. Technician Field Service - NWT in Surrey, British Columbia
Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com.At Cummins Sales & Service, we are an equal opportunity employerdedicated to diversity in the workplace.
Cummins Sales & Service - Western Canada has an opening for one (1) FieldTechnician to support multiple locations as assigned during your shiftincluding the Northwest Territories.Reportingto the Remote Mining Manager,the position will be primarily responsible for providingmobile service repair capability to Cummins customers all over Western Canada.Other responsibilities include:
* Responsibilities: *
- Provide technical expertise to serviceand repair Cummins engines.
- Assist Customers with repairs totheir equipment when required
- Document failures with enginesthrough failure report forms
- Provide customers with engine inspectionreports and maintenance recommendations
- Document work performed withaccurate, timely and consistent trip reports
- Technicians are to maintain aprofessional image of themselves with conduct and appearance
- Maintain all Cummins trucks andtooling to a high standard of cleanliness and good working order
* Requirements: *
- Musthold a valid HD Mechanic Red Seal certification.
- High Horse Power (HHP) certified isconsidered an asset
- As a northern shift rotation youmust have the ability to reside in the NWT and elsewhere during the 14 days onshift.
- Able to work with little supervisionand be a motivated self-starter
- Must have a positive attitude and beable to communicate effectively with customers and CWC management
- Must have a valid driver’s licenseand clean drivers abstract
- Physically and mentally able to workin challenging physical outdoor environment
Ability to pass a pre-employmentdrug and alcohol test, medical exam and criminal background check
This position will work ashift rotation on 14 days on and 14 days off. Technicians will travel out of amajor city (Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver). Please note that any futureshift changes that may occur are made in accordance with the terms andconditions of employment.
CumminsSales & Service - Western Canada offers competitive wages, a bonus program,benefits package, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities fordevelopment and career advancement. * If you’re ready to turbocharge your career, submit your resume byclicking “Apply Now” above! *
Internal Close Date:July 17, 2017 _ Internal Candidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as aninternal candidate on the application questionnaire. _
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration willbe contacted