Cummins Inc. Service Writer in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com.At Cummins Sales & Service, we are an equal opportunity employerdedicated to diversity in the workplace.
If you are driven and motivated to become part of a dynamic team, ourWinnipegBranch has an opening for a Service Writer with a strongfocus on customer service.Reporting tothe Service Manager, you will be responsible for service writing duties such asscheduling customer repairs.Additionalresponsibilities are described below.
* Responsibilities: *
- Beingthe first point of contact with the customer and providing excellent customerservice in a professional manner.
- Gatheringaccurate information on the customers’ repairs and communicating with thecustomer in all aspects of the repair process.
- Creatingand scheduling work orders and job plans.
- Workingwith the supervisor to provide over the counter estimates including call backson provided quotes within 24 hours.
- Managingwarranty claims through the entire process.
- Performingdocument and customer interviews specific to all complaints.
- Coordinatingcustomer units through the shop with input from the manager.
- Understandingand analyzing departmental metrics and assisting with process improvementinitiatives.
* JobRequirements: *
- Excellentcustomer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to assess situationsand effectively manage under pressure.
- Excellentphone manner and ability to work with customers directly.
- Strongorganizational skills and proficiency in maintaining a professional workstation.
- Abilityto develop and accurately communicate a customer diagnostic repair plan.
- Abilityto multi-task and work as a member of the team.
- Abilityto learn quickly, make sound decisions and solve problems.
- Strongcomputer skills and proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Otherduties, as assigned.
This position will workMonday - Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with the requirement to work shift work whennecessary. Please note that any futureshift changes that may occur are made in accordance with the terms and conditionsof employment.
CumminsSales & Service - Western Canada offers competitive wages, a bonus program,benefits package, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities fordevelopment and career advancement. * If you’re ready to turbocharge your career, submit your resume byclicking “Apply Now” above! *
* Internal Close Date: August 8,2017* _ Internal Candidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as aninternal candidate on the application questionnaire. _
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration willbe contacted