Cummins Inc. Technician In-Shop in Winnipeg, Manitoba
CumminsSales and Service – Western Canada is an exclusive distributor for CumminsInc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of diesel engines and aglobal leader in power generation technology. With fourteen branches and over700 employees across Western Canada, we are a growing company dedicated toproviding our customers with solutions they can count on.For moreinformation, please visit www.salesandservice.cummins.com .
TheWinnipegBranch has an opening for a Technician In-Shop.Reporting to the Service Supervisor, you willbe responsible for diagnosing and repairing engines in the shop.Additional responsibilities are listed below:
- Troubleshooting,repairing and performing maintenance on all customer equipment
- Accuratelyplacing labor on the correct repair plan
- Adherenceto all safety rules and procedures
- Providingexcellent customer service to all Cummins Customers
- Musthold a valid Journeyperson qualification as Heavy Duty Mechanic, Diesel EngineMechanic or Commercial Transport & Transport Mechanic
- Willconsider strong candidates as 2nd, 3rd or 4th Apprentice Level Technicianslooking to join an industry leading company
- Musthave completed the pre-employment course at a recognized educationalinstitution in your chosen trade
- Priorexperience rebuilding and repairing diesel engine platforms
- Specificexperience with Cummins engines
- Musthave a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory drivers abstract
- Excellentcustomer service skills
- Motivatedteam player with strong organization and communication skills
- Self-starterwith the ability to work unsupervised
- Strongcomputer skills; familiarity with QuickServe/Insite software
- Flexibilitywith respect to shift work and overtime
- Otherduties, as assigned
This position will work on shift rotation from Monday toFriday with working hours determined by immediate supervisor. This position mayalso rotate into field service. Please note that any future shift changes thatmay occur are made in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment.
Cummins Salesand Service - Western Canada offers competitive wages, a bonus program,benefits package, employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities fordevelopment and career advancement. If you’re ready to turbocharge your career, submit your resume byclicking “Apply Now” above!
Internal Close Date: November 19,2016 Internal Candidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as aninternal candidate on the application questionnaire.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration willbe contacted
Job Title: Technician In-Shop
Employment Type: Regular
Date Posted: 09/11/2016
Requisition ID: 1380