Cummins Inc. 2nd Year Apprentice Tech In-Shop in Surrey, British Columbia
Cummins Sales and Service – Western Canada is anexclusive distributor for Cummins Inc., the world’s largest independentmanufacturer of diesel engines and a global leader in power generationtechnology. With fourteen branches and over 700 employees across WesternCanada, we are a growing company dedicated to providing our customers withsolutions they can count on.For more information, please visitwww.salesandservice.cummins.com.At Cummins Sales & Service, we are an equal opportunity employerdedicated to diversity in the workplace.
OurSurreyBranch location has an opening for a Second Year Apprentice Technician – In Shop .Reporting to the Truck Shop Supervisor, youwill be responsible for providing service repairs to all Cummins engines in theSurrey branch. Additional responsibility are listed below.
- PerformCummins engine repairs and services on various on and off highway equipment
- Assistwith engine rebuilds
- Assistwith after treatment repairs and cleaning
- Assistwith shop clean up
- Otherduties, as assigned
Mustbe a registered, or have the skill and qualifications to register as a 2nd YearApprentice, working toward either your Commercial Transport or Diesel EngineRed Seal certification
Musthave previous experience with automotive/truck/chassis repairs
Previousrepair experience with Cummins engine platforms and software systems(QuickServe/Insite)is considered an asset
Abilityto work safely and logically with minimal supervision
- Quickand continuous learner, capable of following instructions
- Motivatedteam player with strong organization and communication skills
- ValidClass 1 or 3 driver’s license considered an assetThis position will work either a 5x2 shiftMonday to Friday afternoon shift or a 4x10 shift Wednesday to Saturday. Pleasenote that any future shift changes that may occur are made in accordance withthe terms and conditions of the standing Collective Agreement.
Cummins Sales andService - Western Canada offers a competitive wages and benefits package,employer matched Pension Plan, and opportunities for development and careeradvancement.
If you’re ready to turbocharge your career,submit your resume by clicking “Apply Now” above!
InternalClose Date: February 16, 2018
InternalCandidates: Please ensure you identify yourself as an internal candidate on theapplication questionnaire.
We thankall applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will becontacted.